
I was kind of sad when I threw the cross country practice schedule away today... after all - it's been lots of fun watching Philip grow throughout the season - kind of starting with the kid who thought this was really hard - to the kid who knew he could do it and was killing himself to do well in races. His team ended up winning the league championships for the school. He was pretty excited. We've been to 4 meets in two weeks - so it probably is time to end the season and get back to our regularly scheduled lives! I'm not quite sure what to do with these afternoons of not standing along a race course - cook? Clean? Update my blog?? He's still talking about running the Thanksgiving turkey trot this year - so we'll see if he's dedicated enough to keep it up now that he's not forced by the coach into practicing every day after school. Here are a couple of pictures to end with - the first is from the Los Mesquites meet - it was hot that day and there were 257 boys running that day. He came in 44th. He was a little bummed that he didn't get a medal - but you had to be in the top 40 to do that. I know he gave it his all because he wanted to throw up when he was done! The second picture is from the league championship

s. He was running on the B team and came in 1st.
1 comments:
Wow! I am impressed. Look at the determination in his face. Good job Philip.
Post a Comment