BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rik got a new truck?!?

Unbelieveable you may say - I was caught off guard too. After all, he called me at 1:15 to tell me he'd seen a truck, and then called again at 2:30 to tell me he'd bought a truck! It is actually pretty nice - it's the *exact same thing he had* - just 12 years newer! It's still white - still a Nissan. I drove the kids around the block in it and asked what they liked best about it - they didn't mention that this had paint or that there was a CD player - they said that they liked the doors being able to lock best. The door locks on his other truck have been broken for quite sometime. You can lock them from the inside, but, don't expect to be able to shut the door and be able to use a key to get it open! :p

And - the more unbelieveable story for this... I left work 2 hours early on Friday so that we could go to MVD and register it - I was prepared for the worst - I still remember a certain Christmas time a few years ago that we sat there with 2 young kids for what seemed like hours waiting to register something and how I was quite sure I needed to be a much nicer person because that is certainly what hell must be like. Anyway - surprise - we were in and out in less than 15 minutes! We had time to go to lunch, the bank, and check out what Linens N Things has in their going out of business sale (not much good in the way of good sale yet - wait a while before going!!!).

We can't decide what to call him though - his other truck is called "Little Ugly" for obvious reasons like the lack of consistant paint. If you have a good nomination - let me know. Philip has suggested "Little Not So Ugly" and Caitlin has a bunch as well (Bobert was vetoed immediately!!).

0 comments: