BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A little of this and a little of that...

There hasn't been too much exciting stuff going on here lately - unless you count the school/work thing everyday! :) We're heading into the home stretch of school (May 21st is coming!!!) and there seems to be some event every day. Cross your fingers we make it!

A few random things from around here...
My red cabbage from my garden - I had never grown cabbage before and this was really really good! They only turned out softball size - but - they were really good! In other gardening news - the spinach is looking ready to eat and the tomatoes are going nuts. There is a pepper and a hot pepper that will be ready any day! The artichoke is just taking up room. Not impressed.


I've been doing a co-op of sorts called Bountiful Baskets. I'm having a great time with it - it's cheap produce and makes us eat a few things we normally wouldn't! For $15 we get enough produce to fill 2 reusable grocery bags! Sorry - the picture is sideways - it is not on the computer - and Blogger won't let me delete this morning. Anyway - here's the link to this if you're interested! http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ My photo also includes the 40lb box of apples I added on that week. Pink Ladies - my favorite!


















Because of the box of apples, I felt the need to make...
applesauce! Which I had never tried before -













and gave me an excuse to buy this neat gadget... it attaches to my Kitchenaid and you chop your apples in quarters - cool 'till soft and put them in this. It makes applesauce come out one end and all the peels and cores come out the other. It is really neat! And the time it saved me since I didn't have to peel and core - wow! I can hardly wait to try it with something else!

















And - one more favorite new things I got for my birthday - from Williams and Sonoma - this cool pan that makes mini waffles! Cook them - flip them - cute!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Those tiny waffles are awesome. I love my KitchenAid and I didn't even know it had that attachment. Thanks for the advertisement! I've done BB before. Yummy stuff, and I agree with the "makes you try stuff you wouldn't otherwise buy" part wholeheartedly.

Janet Stevens said...

Wow! I'm impressed!