A friend of mine at work suggested that we take an Adult Swim for Fitness class this summer. The price was right and at the same time, my kids can play in the pool, so I decided to try. Of course, in the back of my mind was the fact that I had not swum for anything other than playing in the pool for about 20 yrs. I showed up with a lump in my stomach - fearing what was going to happen - were they going to make me be in swim lessons with 3 year olds since I didn't remember a lot? Was it going to be some cocky teenager who would look at me and laugh? Well, thankfully, it wasn't any of those things. While I am old enough to be the instructor's mother, he is a very patient guy and quite laid back. My friend claimed she hadn't swum in years either, but she was able to start on the regular class material. I got to swim back and forth practicing breathing - which is what I needed - and the instructor made me feel totally OK with it - not like the remedial swimmer I am! Maybe in a couple of weeks I can make it to the actual class material! Class is again tomorrow - we'll see how I do. I came home really tired, but thankfully today I am not sore!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
TOTALLY out of my comfort zone...
Posted by Amy at 8:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment