BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm going to need some more hand holding...


Caitlin is off with 33 other 8th graders to Washington DC to see our new president be inaugurated on Tues. She will also be visiting PA and New York City. I'm totally jealous. She's getting to go all these places I would love to see some day! But, right now, she's sitting in an airport in Atlanta (I just checked the flight status!). Hopefully she'll remember to call her poor 'ol mom sometime this week. I bought her a calling card and everything! :) As she pointed out last night, this is the farthest away and the longest she has ever been gone.

I know I'll be watching the inauguration on Tues at work. I got to thinking about it and am a little worried that if everyone on our server is, maybe it will slow it all down with all that streaming! For more info on the inauguration - go here: http://inaugurationday2009.com/



I also wanted to add today the map I found of the inauguration (one of these days I WILL be able to spell that word without messing it up 6 times!!). Caitlin's group is actually ticketed - thanks to Senator John McCain's office (it makes me laugh to think about it!). From this map - it certainly doesn't look like there are that many tickets out there - and I was worried she wouldn't be able to see anything - and while I still don't think she will see much except for what is on the "jumbotron" - I think she might actually be able to see a dot of what is going on!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fabulous field trip! I'm so excited for her! (and nervous for you).

Janet Stevens said...

How exciting!! I'm jealous--being the Obama fan I am!! I REALLY wanted to be there--and actually had tickets, but the stars did not align; therefore, I watched it on TV--just over 50 miles away--with Sarah interrupting me every two seconds! Oh well. I hope Caitlin had a fabulous time! Tell her she needs to bring her parents back out!! And Philip, too!! Seriously--we want you to visit!