I just finished reading a post about being frugal - would you do it if you didn't have to? You can read the post here. I have always been a coupon kind of girl, but in the last few months I've figured out that you can stock up your home with all sorts of things for pennies. This week for example...
CVS - shampoo - 61¢
Albertsons - 4 Blistex and 2 frozen pie crusts - 7¢
Walgreens - 6 Walgreens brand "Dayquil"
1 box Rice Krispies
1 lg tube Colgate Total toothpaste
2 Reeses Whips candy bars
1 box choc pudding mix
Out of Pocket Total: $9.62, but I am getting a $10 Walgreens rebate and they printed me out a $2 off of your next purchase coupon, so I'm counting that as a money making deal!
Now, we have a serious year supply of Dayquil (and Rik goes through that stuff fast when he is sick - I HATE paying $7/box for it!)
Now, I don't see us having Oprah-like wealth any time soon, but even if we had money to burn, I think I would continue doing this! It's not like I can't go buy a tube of Blistex or some cold medcine and it breaks the bank, but it's kind of addicting to see how much stuff you can walk out of the store legally not paying for! :) If you'd like some advice on how to start, I'd love to talk!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Would you if you didn't have to?
Posted by Amy at 6:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'd love advice, Amy! I'm just wanting to start this. I need to get Sunday papers first, right?
Yah, I love the deal in any form. I just don't know anything about coupons though.
Post a Comment